Participants who have completed this course will be able to
Have the knowledge and skills to manage Occupational Safety and Health in the workplace.
To communicate safety and health information in the workplace.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to acquire general information on health and safety at work.
Preferred Entry Level and Entry Requirements
- A good knowledge of English
- A QQI (Formerly FETAC) Level 4 Certificate, a Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification(s) and/or relevant life and work experience.
- There are no special entry requirements.
5 Days. Evenings Can Be Arranged.
Maximum Number of Candidates
12 Per Trainer
- Course Introduction
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Risk AssessmentsManaging SafelyManual Handling and Ergonomics
- Fire and Emergency Management
- Accident and Illness Causation and Investigation
- Promote Health and Safety Work Practices
- Human Factors
- Environmental Factors
- Good Housekeeping
- Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences
- Workplace Machinery
- Accident Investigation and Reporting
- Exam and Assignment Based Assessment
- This course is a QQI (Formerly FETAC) Level 5 Component Certificate.
- The course counts as 1 credit towards QQI (Level 5) Certificates. It is a recognised module within the National Framework of Qualifications.