Participants who have completed this course will be able to
- Have the knowledge of how and when to fight a fire safely in its early stages
- Operate a fire extinguisher
- Understand the triangle of combustion
- Make the considerable difference between the fire being safely extinguished and a potential disaster occurring
- Understand safe means of escape
- Identify safe assembly points
Who should attend?
All employees - As per legal requirement under Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 Section 11
- The Triangle of Combustion
- Methods of Extinction
- Methods of Heat Transfer
- Classes of Fire
- Types of Portable Extinguishers and use
- The most Common Sources of Fires
In addition we will instruct your employees on specific issues relevant to your place of work including:
- Fire alarm system
- Evacuation procedures
- Means of escape
- Assembly Points
All candidates will have the opportunity to use a portable fire extinguisher, under supervision of our trained instructors, on a live fire demonstration*.
National Safety Centre Certificate of Attendance
Suitable outdoor space is required for the gas fire demonstration.