For those trainers already certified as Manual Handling Instructors there is a process called RPL available to upgrade their certification to QQI Level 6. The learner will be required to complete an application form detailing their prior knowledge and experience then National Safety Centre will recommend whether the applicant is a suitable candidate.
Learners who have already achieved a Manual Handling Instructor course.
Participants who have completed this course will be able to
- Deliver a Manual Handling course having received the appropriate training and knowledge, skills and experience on the subject.
- Communicate effectively.
- Give practical demonstrations and have appropriate teaching materials
Who should attend?
Learners with an interest in designing and delivering manual handling instruction and manual handling risk assessments at their place of work.
Recognition of Prior Learning (R.P.L.)
The RPL process is suitable for instructors who are in certification of a Manual Handling Instructor Certificate.
1 - 2 Days
Maximum Number of Candidates Per Course
- Manual Handling Course (HSA / QQI Guidelines)
- Manual Handing Risk Assessments
- Skills Demonstration - 60%
- Examination - Theory Based (20 short-answer questions) - 20% (Pass = 16)
- Assignment (to be submitted after the course) - 20%
Pass mark for certification 50%
Successful candidate will receive a QQI (Formerly FETAC) Level 6 Manual Handling Instruction Certificate.