Participants who have completed this course will be able to
Deliver CFR community level Course.
Identify Occupational First Aid Training needs.
Plan and develop lesson plans for an Occupational First Aid Course.
Deliver Occupational First Aid Training.
Monitor, assess and review learner progress effectively
Who should attend?
Candidates wishing to learn and prepare for assessment as an Occupational First Aid Instructor QQI (FETAC) Level 6 with the Occupational First Aid Assessment Agent (OFAAA).
Preferred entry level and entry requirements
- Learners must have a valid OFA QQI (FETAC) Level 5 Component Certificate or a CFR Certificate valid within 1 year to attend the CFR community level Instructor course.
- Learners must have a valid OFA QQI (FETAC) Level 5 Component Certificate Merit Grade or higher to attend the full 5 day course.
- Learners must be over 18 years of age
Up to 5 days
Maximum Number of Candidates
10 Per Trainer
PHECC CFR Instructor Course
Planning of OFA Training
Delivery of OFA training
Review Progress and Assess Achievement
Written Short Answer Exam and Practical Assessments
- A practical test on providing CPR and using an AED.
- Following successful completion of the didactic component on the CFR community level Instructor the student instructor will undergo a period of supervised teaching practice and evaluation before they can receive their CFR community level Instructor Level certificate.
- Successful candidates will receive a certificate qualifying them as a PHECC CFR community level Instructor for 2 Years.
- Learners can then present themselves to OFAAA for assessment to be on the National Register and to enable them to achieve their FETAC Level 6 OFA Instructor Certificate (The charge from OFAAA is currently €650.00.)
Certificates are valid for 5 years.
Our Cardiac First Response Instructors training course complies with the national standards set down by the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council and FETAC
All our Instructors on the course are recognised to teach and carry our examinations to required standards.