Participants who have completed this course will be able to
List the implications of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Legislation
State the principals of accident prevention.
Describe safe systems of work
State the causes and results of accidents
Describe methods of identifying hazards.
Promote health and safety in the workplace
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to acquire general information on health and safety at work. This course is ideal for new employees.
Approx. 3 Hours
Maximum Number of Candidates
12 Per Trainer
- Welcome and introductions
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Duties of employees
- Duties of employers
- Relevant Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Regulations 2007
- Importance of identifying hazards
- Routine inspection
- Prevention of accidents and incidents
- Hierarchy of control
- Safe systems of work
- Causes of Accidents
- Effective accident investigation, Recording and Analysis
- Steps participants can take to promote health and safety at work
National Safety Centre Certificate of Attendance