Participants who have completed this course will be able to
- Have the knowledge to know how and when to fight a fire safely in its early stages
- Operate a fire extinguisher
- Make the considerable difference between the fire being safely extinguished and potential disaster occurring.
Who should attend?
All employees - As per legal requirement under Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 Section 11
Maximum Number of Candidates
15 Per Trainer
- The Triangle of Combustion
- Methods of Safely Extinguishing a fire
- Classes of Fire
- Types of Portable Extinguishers and use
- The most Common Sources of Fires
All candidates will have the opportunity to use a portable fire extinguisher, under supervision of our trained instructors, on a live fire demonstration*.
National Safety Centre Certificate of Attendance
Suitable outdoor space is required for the gas fire demonstration.